Acceptable Usage Policy
Last Updated: January 8 2017
This policy describes prohibited uses of the AusNimbus websites and services. It is incorporated by reference into the Terms of Service.
The examples described in this policy are not exhaustive. We may modify this policy at any time by posting a revised version without notice. By using the Services or accessing the AusNimbus website, you agree to the latest version of this policy. If you violate this policy or authorize or help others to do so, we may suspend or terminate your account.
YOU AGREE WE RESERVE FULL AND FINAL DISCRETION AS TO WHETHER CERTAIN USES VIOLATE THIS ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY.
No Illegal, Harmful, or Offensive or Obscene Content
All services provided by AusNimbus may be used for lawful purposes only. Transmission, storage or presentation of any information, data or material in violation of any Australian federal, state or city law is prohibited. You agree not to violate such laws and/or regulations. You may not post, distribute, promote, facilitate or transmit any of the following through of the AusNimbus services
Prohibited activities or content include:
- Illegal Activities: Any illegal activities, including advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available gambling sites or services or disseminating, promoting or facilitating child pornography.
- Harmful or Fraudulent Activities: Activities that may be harmful to others, our operations or reputation, including offering or disseminating fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions (e.g., make-money-fast schemes, Ponzi and pyramid schemes, phishing, or pharming), or engaging in other deceptive practices.
- Infringing Content: Content that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property or proprietary rights of others.
- Offensive Content: Content that is defamatory, obscene, abusive, invasive of privacy, or otherwise objectionable, including content that constitutes child pornography, relates to bestiality, or depicts non-consensual sex acts.
- Harmful Content: Content or other computer technology that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, program, or data, including viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or cancelbots.
- Launching or facilitating a denial of service attack (DoS) from or on AusNimbus (service).
- Operate an “open proxy” or any other form of Internet proxy service that is capable of forwarding requests to any End User or third party-supplied Internet host.
- Access a third party web property for the purposes of web scraping, web crawling, web monitoring, or other similar activities
No Prohibited Access or Security Breaches
You may not use any AusNimbus service in any manner that would compromise or violate the security of the service or other user, including but not limited to engaging in any of the following:
- Accessing or using the AusNimbus Platform in violation of law, the terms of the Services Agreement or without permission, including attempting to test the vulnerability of the security of the AusNimbus Platform or to breach any of the security
measures of the AusNimbus Platform.
- Imitating or impersonating another person or his or her email address or creating false accounts intended to misrepresent yourself or the source of your email.
- Intercepting or monitoring activity on the AusNimbus Platform without permission.
- Accessing any other host, user or network without permission.
- Using any means to circumvent the security limitations of the AusNimbus Platform.
Monitoring & Reporting
AusNimbus encourages you to report violations of this Acceptable Use Policy to AusNimbus immediately. To report any violation of this policy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right, but do not assume the obligation, to investigate any violation of this policy or misuse of the applicable service. We may:
- Investigate violations of this policy or misuse of the service.
- Remove, disable access to, or modify any content or resource that violates this Policy or any other agreement we have with you for use of the service; and
- Report any activity that we suspect violates any law or regulation to appropriate law enforcement officials, regulators, or other appropriate third parties. Our reporting may include disclosing appropriate customer information. We also may cooperate with appropriate law enforcement agencies, regulators, or other appropriate third parties to help with the investigation and prosecution of illegal conduct by providing network and systems information related to alleged violations of this policy.
AusNimbus takes security very seriously, which is why we employ and follow all industry security recommendations.
AusNimbus reserves the right to disrupt service to customer’s applications to apply periodic and emergency security patches or updates through system reboots without notice.
If you have any general comments, concerns, or questions about AusNimbus security, including if you see something that you believe violates AusNimbus’ terms of service, please email email@example.com.