We are excited to announce general availability of our new container deployment platform. Powered by Red Hat OpenShift, Google Kubernetes and Docker – AusNimbus enables developers to easily run, build and scale web applications in Australia without the hassle of infrastructure management.
OpenShift v3.3 with Docker and Kubernetes
OpenShift is a scalable application deployment platform – built on enterprise grade distribution of Google Kubernetes and the Docker container runtime. This new release leads the trend towards containzeration and deployment of microservices, while abstracting the complexities associated with traditional infrastructure management. While offering developers the flexibility of choice so they can focus on the application development.
- Source-to-image builds your code for deployment into containers and associates it with appropriate runtimes and patch streams.
- Automated Deployments let you trigger updates to applications through git hooks, testing and deploying code changes as soon as new code is pushed.
- Rollbacks can occur automatically if your deployment fails or triggered manually if required.
- Automated Scaling dynamically scales your application depending on demand.
- Image Streams are associated with your applications ensuring change to upstream image (such as runtime security patches) are automatically applied.
This release ships with the following AusNimbus maintained official images:
- Jenkins (1.6)
- PHP (5.5, 5.6)
- NodeJS (0.10, 4)
- Python (2.7, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5)
- Ruby (2.0, 2.2, 2.3)
- Java Wildfly (8.1, 9.0, 10.0)
- Perl (5.16, 5.20)
- GO (1.4, 1.5, 1.6)
- .NET Core (1.0)
- MariaDB (10.1)
- MongoDB (2.4, 2.6, 3.2)
- MySQL (5.5, 5.6)
- PostgreSQL (9.2, 9.4, 9.5)
- Redis (3.2)
- Memcached (1.4)
- WordPress (4.4)
You can also run any Docker image that doesn’t run as root! Checkout the image builder guideline for more information.
This release also brings the the retirement of the company’s previous platform. For the past 2 years, AusNimbus provided a cloud hosting service based on Red Hat OpenShift v2. Until 1st December 2016, AusNimbus will be offering free migration assistance for current and new customers who wish to transition to the new platform.
Users on the previous platform are invited to take advantage of the free migration offer to ease the transition process.